Central Saanich was incorporated as a Municipality on December 12, 1950. The first Council consisted of Reeve Sydney Pickles, Councillors Harold Andrew, Ray Lamont, Willard Michell, and Lorne Thomson. This Hall was also located on East Saanich Road. The inaugural meeting and swearing-in of the first Central Saanich Council took place at the Brentwood Women’s Institute Hall on West Saanich Road. Subsequent meetings took place at Saanich Pioneer Society’s Log Cabin on the old “Fairgrounds” site on East Saanich Road until a Municipal & Fire Hall was built in late 1951. This Hall was also located on East Saanich Road.
The Central Saanich Fire Department was established in 1951. That same year the Municipal Police Department was also founded and consisted of one Chief Constable equipped with a pair of handcuffs, a blackjack, and a 38 calibre revolver.
The present day Municipal Hall at 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road was built in 1964. The Police and Fire Departments remained in the old building on East Saanich Road until construction of the new complex was completed. The Police Department was relocated to the municipal complex on Mount Newton Cross Road in 1978. The Fire Department followed in 1980.