Central Saanich's Official Community Plan (OCP) guides decisions on long-term planning and land use management.
- Integrate environment, economic and social considerations relating to growth;
- Create a healthy, complete, socially diverse and highly walkable community;
- Offer a balance of jobs and housing;
- Support viable alternatives to the private automobile;
- Retain, protect and enhance current rural village character, agricultural land and sensitive areas;
- Allow for modest, low-impact growth with the Urban Settlement Area; and,
- Commit to the reduction of green house gas emissions.
There are seventeen fundamental principles providing the foundation for the objectives and policies in the OCP. These details are located in the first few pages of the Official Community Plan (Bylaw No. 1600). The OCP includes several district maps, such as the designed land use and development permit areas which can be found in the related documents above.