About Council & Committee Meetings
Would you like to view the meeting calendar, minutes, agendas and more? Our CivicWeb page has it all.
Regular Council Meetings are held on the first and third Monday of each month. The meetings generally commence at 7:00 p.m. and are located in the Council Chamber, Central Saanich Municipal Hall, 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road. These meetings are open to the public and are webcast for convenience.
Check out our Citizen Involvement page if you'd like to bring something forward to council or a committee.
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole Meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday of each month, begin at 7:00 p.m. and are also located in the Council Chamber.
When sitting as Committee of the Whole, members of Council receive presentations from applicants and staff on items requiring more in-depth explanation, discussion and Council feedback.
Other Meetings of Council
Special Council meetings and Public Hearings are called by Council on an as needed basis. Agendas for these meetings are posted on our CivicWeb site.
Committees & Commissions
Citizens sit on various commissions and committees and act as trustees for the community. They review applications brought forward by municipal staff and make appropriate recommendations to Council. It is a matter of law that members not become involved in conflict of interest situations and members should actively avoid gaining, or appearing to gain, private advantage from matters about which they have privileged information, or about which they are asked to comment and advise.
Current committees are:
- Advisory Planning Commission: Advises Council on development applications and heritage matters.
- Economic Development Advisory Committee: Advises and assists Council by carrying out the corporation’s strategic plan and developing and monitoring economic development initiatives.
- Board of Variance: Reviews development variance applications and can grant minor variances when compliance with the Zoning Bylaw would cause a person undue hardship.
- Healthy Watershed Committee: Provides advice and support to Council on matters affecting water quality and quantity and promote community awareness of watershed health.
- Agricultural Advisory Commission: Advises Council on matters related to Agriculture including development applications on agricultural land.
- Brentwood Bay Open Moorage Advisory Committee: Advised Council on Brentwood Bay Management Plan and fosters awareness in the community.
Please see Documents, above, for the committee's terms of reference. If you have questions about a committee, feel free to contact us. Our Connect with Council page has information on how to bring something forward to council or a committee.
We accept applications annually in November for appointments to a council appointed board, commission or committee. Notice will be posted on our News page and advertised. Applicants are asked to complete the Application for Boards, Commissions and Committees form.