The District continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and is following the guidance of the Federal and Provincial governments and Island Health.
You can access a list of other BC Provincial Health Orders regarding COVID-19 on the Provincial Health Officer's page.
Municipal Hall is open to the public with modified services in the Building, Planning and Engineering departments.
- Process for application submission and permit issuance have been adjusted to accommodate access to the Municipal Hall due to COVID-19. Please review the process here.
Until further notice, masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces.
Council Meetings and Public Hearings
The District of Central Saanich is pleased to confirm the public will now be able to attend Central Saanich Council meetings.. During the pandemic the District relocated Council Chambers to a larger room in Municipal Hall to enable physical distancing. The new Chambers has been made permanent over the summer, as the municipality invested in physical and technical upgrades to the room to improve the accessibility of meetings. The new Chambers will provide the room necessary for larger meetings, such as public hearings.
Council meetings and Public Hearings are being conducted in a hybrid in-person and virtual format and broadcast live here.
If you wish to submit a comment or question to Council for the meeting or register to speak, you can email to email@example.com or deliver via the drop box at the front door prior to noon on the day of the meeting.
- BC Centre for Disease Control – COVID-19
- BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
- For medical questions, call 8-1-1 (7-1-1 for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing)
- For non-medical info, call 1-888-COVID19 or text 604-630-0300
- Register with Safe Seniors, Strong Communities: call 211 or visit bc211.ca for seniors in need or those who are able to provide support to seniors
- Government of Canada Diseases and Conditions – COVID-19
- Government of Canada Public Health – COVID-19
- World Health Organization – COVID-19
The District of Central Saanich has worked with businesses to recover and explore new opportunities to retain and expand the local economy. The District has brought on a term position for a specialist to work on this. The new Community Economic Recovery Coordinator, Patrick Earl to create a Community Economic Recovery Task Force to brainstorm a recovery plan.
The insight of this recovery plan will assist in Council direction and the economic development efforts. To learn more visit: