Utility bill dates
With the uncertainties of COVID-19, the District is doing our part to support residents where we have the tools to do so. The District has extended the utility bill payment discount from the usual 30 days to 90 days; this applies for both the spring (May) and summer (September) bills.
How to pay
Online banking can be set up by logging into your online banking profile and adding "Central Saanich Utilities" as a Payee. The exact format may differ at each financial institution.
Pre-authorized withdrawal enables the discounted/early bird balance of your utility bill to be automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the due date. You will still receive a copy of your bill. To register, complete the Pre-authorized Payment Plan Agreement application form, attach a voided cheque and drop off (in our entryway dropbox available 24/7) or mail the information to us: District of Central Saanich, 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road, Saanichton, BC, V8M 2A9.
For more information, see our Utility Bills page.
Property tax dates for 2020
To assist residents during this challenging time, Council has extended the penalty dates for property tax payments for 2020:
- Residential, utility and farm property owners have until July 31 to pay without a penalty; a 3% penalty will be applied after that with an additional 7% penalty after September 30.
- Business, industrial, and recreational property owners have until September 30, after which there is a 10% penalty.
How to pay
For the safety of the public and our staff, the Municipal Hall remains closed to the public, so in person payments will not be available this year. There are several payment methods available:
- Your bank - Contact your financial institution for their rules for paying bills in person. Or pay online, log into your bank account and add "CENTRAL SAANICH TAXES" as a bill payee.
- Your mortgage company - Contact your financial institution to set this up, if it's a service they offer.
- By mail - Mail your cheque and the bottom portion of your tax notice to: The District of Central Saanich, 1903 Mt. Newton Cross Road, Saanichton, BC V8M 2A9
- Dropbox - Use the secure slot in the vestibule entry at the Municipal Hall. The slot is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you usually come to the Municipal Hall to pay your taxes in person, you are encouraged to make arrangements for an alternate payment method well in advance of the due date to avoid unanticipated problems with paying on time.
For more information and ways to pay see our Property Tax Information page.