Qualifications and Registration
We will use the Provincial List of Electors as our list of registered voters. Please call 250.652.4444 to see if you're on the Voters List or bring two pieces of ID to the voting station.
In order to vote as a resident elector you must satisfy the following criteria:
- must be 18 years of age or older;
- must be a Canadian citizen;
- must have been a resident of British Columbia for at least six (6) months immediately before the day of registration;
- must be a resident of the municipality for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration;
- must not be disqualified by the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in an election or be otherwise disqualified by law.
You will be required to produce two documents (one of which must contain your signature) proving your identity and place of residency. The following are acceptable:
- a BC drivers license;
- a BC identification card issued by the Motor Vehicle Branch;
- an owner's certificate of insurance and vehicle license issued by ICBC;
- a BC care card or gold care card;
- a Social Insurance card or confirmation of Social Insurance Number issued by the government of Canada;
- a Native Status Card issued by the Department of Indian Affairs;
- a citizenship card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
- a real property tax notice;
- a credit card or debit card issued by a savings institution;
- a utility bill issued for the supply of electricity, natural gas, water, telephone services, or coaxial cable services;
- a declaration of residency.
Do you own a property in Central Saanich but don't live in the municipality? Non-Resident Property Electors qualifications and registration.
For more information, please contact:
Janice Schmidt, Chief Election Officer, 250-652-4444