Each local government in BC is responsible for conducting its own general local elections, which are held every 4 years. As well, the District concurrently conducts the School Trustee election on behalf of School District No. 63.
General Voting Day - Saturday, October 15, 2022
8:00 am-8:00 pm at any of the following locations:
- Central Saanich Municipal Hall (1903 Mt Newton Cross Rd)
- Keating Elementary, 6843 Central Saanich Rd
- Cultural Centre, 1209 Clarke Rd
Advance Voting Days - Wednesday, October 5 and Wednesday October 12, 2022
8:00 am-8:00 pm at Central Saanich Municipal Hall (1903 Mt Newton Cross Rd)
Special Voting Opportunity for members of Tsartlip First Nation - Thursday, October 6, 2022
Members of Tsartlip First Nation are eligible to vote in Central Saanich's election for Council on Thursday, October 6 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
Please bring one piece of ID to vote, 2 pieces of ID if you need to register to vote.
- Election period: Saturday, January 1 – Friday, September 16. The period beginning January 1 of an election year until 29 days before General Voting Day. Campaigns must report all expenses incurred during the election period.
- Nomination period: Tuesday, August 30 – Friday, September 9. The period for candidates to submit their nominations to local election officials.
- Declaration of candidates: Friday, September 9 after 4:00 p.m.
- Pre-campaign period: Monday, July 18 – Friday, September 16. At the beginning of this period election advertising rules come into force and continue through General Voting Day.
- Campaign period: Saturday, September 17 – Saturday, October 15. The period that begins on the 28th day before General Voting Day and ends at the close of voting on General Voting Day. Candidate and third-party expense limits apply during this period.
- Advance Voting Days: Wednesday, October 5 and Wednesday October 12, 2022
- General Voting Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Campaign financing disclosure statement filing deadline: Friday, January 13, 2023
- Campaign financing disclosure statement late filing deadline with $500 late filing fee: Monday, February 13, 2023
Materials related to the election will be posted on this page throughout the year.
Questions? Contact the Chief or Deputy Chief Election Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org