- The area is in close proximity to Brentwood Bay and Saanichton Village, both of which have commercial and retail centres. There are a number of nearby neighbourhoods that offer a range of residential housing in close proximity.
- Primarily designated as light industrial with complimentary designations for commercial uses. (Typical uses include: agricultural processing, light manufacturing and processing, business offices, research and development, storage, warehousing and distribution, wholesale, recycling, and transportation.)
- Utilities infrastructure has been constructed to support future growth opportunities in the area.
- Central location on southern Vancouver Island supported by transportation infrastructure, including:
- Pat Bay Highway (#17) connecting the Keating Business District to the Greater Victoria area and the rest of Vancouver Island,
- intermodal freight services (BC Ferries Terminal and private barge operations at Swartz Bay), and
- Victoria International Airport.