Our Way Forward
We are excited to be refreshing our 2008 energy plan into the new Climate Leadership Plan (to be presented to Council in the summer of 2018), which will map the way for our community to be more sustainable and reduce greenhouse gases (GHG).
Please get involved and share YOUR ideas for moving our community forward.
In 2018 we are also moving forward on these initiatives:
- CRD's Regional Electric Vehicle/Electric Bike Charging Infrastructure Strategy, which will see a network of charging stations throughout the region
- Replacing our light duty fleet of vehicles with electric
- Bringing MODO Car Share to Central Saanich, a carshare program that enables more people to share fewer cars
- Installing a Fast Electric Charger Station in Saanichton Village (dependent on grant support)
- Solar power project located either at Public Works Yard or Library/Cultural Centre (dependent on grant support)
- Residential Infill and Densification Study to create a residential growth strategy, which enables sustainability
Did you know? The municipality's corporate operations have been carbon neutral since 2015! We currently purchase some carbon offsets, and we will continue to require less offsets as we reduce our GHG emissions by replacing our light duty vehicles with electric models.