Our Way Forward
Our Climate Leadership Plan (see Documents) maps the way for our community to be more sustainable and reduce greenhouse gases (GHG). Learn about how the plan was developed and ask questions here.
- Installing a solar power project at Fire Station #1.
- Developing Transitions 2050 program for residential home energy retrofits with other municipalities and CityGren.
- Participating in the CRD’s Regional Electric Vehicle/Electric Bike Charging Infrastructure Strategy.
- Replacing our corporate “light-duty” vehicles with electric.
- Bringing MODO Car Share to Central Saanich.
- Installing more electric vehicle chargers.
- Reviewing development policy to create complete and compact neighbourhoods, which enables sustainability.
- Engaging the public through education of goals and resources.
- Launching an Active Transportation study.
Did you know? The municipality's corporate operations have been carbon neutral since 2015! We currently purchase some carbon offsets, and we will continue to require less offsets as we reduce our GHG emissions by replacing our light duty vehicles with electric models.