Our Way Forward
Our Climate Leadership Plan (see Documents, above) maps the way for our community to be more sustainable and reduce greenhouse gases (GHG). Learn about how the plan was developed and ask questions here.
We are moving forward on these initiatives:
- Participating in the CRD's Regional Electric Vehicle/Electric Bike Charging Infrastructure Strategy, which will see a network of charging stations throughout the region.
- Replacing our light duty fleet of vehicles with electric.
- Bringing MODO Car Share to Central Saanich, a carshare program that enables more people to share fewer cars.
- Installing a Fast Electric Charger Station in Saanichton Village (dependent on grant support) .
- Exploring a solar power project located either at Public Works Yard or Library/Cultural Centre (dependent on grant support).
- Studying residential infill and densification to look at a residential growth strategy, which enables sustainability.
Did you know? The municipality's corporate operations have been carbon neutral since 2015! We currently purchase some carbon offsets, and we will continue to require less offsets as we reduce our GHG emissions by replacing our light duty vehicles with electric models.