The greatest and most important public participation opportunity citizens have in government is during the municipal election. Citizens vote for who they want to represent them and make decisions on their behalf for the betterment of the community.
Eligible voters are asked to elect:
- Mayor (one)
- Councillors (six positions)
- School Board Trustees for Saanich School District 63 (two positions)
Advance Voting Opportunities
- Wednesday, October 10, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., Municipal Hall, 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road
- Saturday, October 13, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Municipal Hall, 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road
- Wednesday, October 17, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., Municipal Hall, 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road
General Voting Day
- Saturday, October 20, 2018, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Residents may choose to vote at:
- Individual Learning Centre, 1649 Mount Newton Cross Road (former Saanichton Elementary School) OR
- Central Saanich Cultural Centre, 1209 Clarke Road (same facility as Central Saanich Library)
As at past Elections, Special Voting Opportunities will be held at the Legion Manor and Saanich Peninsula Hospital.