March 26, 2021
What can you do?
- Turn off lights and unplug non-essential appliances and electronics – including those at workplaces (on Friday!), home offices, and home school set-ups
- Join a virtual event: www.earthhour.org
- Join the first-ever Earth Hour “Virtual Spotlight”: check out the video WWF will be sharing on their social media channels on the day, and share it! Shine a spotlight on the need to do more to combat climate change and biodiversity loss. Sign on the WWF’s “One Earth, One Voice” campaign for a green recovery here: https://wwf.ca
Keep it going with quick, cost-friendly energy efficiency measures:
- Replace several lightbulbs in your home with energy-efficient LEDs
- Add weather-stripping to your doors to reduce draft
- Heat the person, not the home – lower heat by a degree or two and put on a cozy sweater, adjust settings to lower heat overnight when you’re bundled in bed, turn down heat on warmer days.
Take larger actions to retrofit your home to be more energy and cost efficient and climate friendly
- Use the Clean BC Better Homes’ Rebate Tool to easily see available rebates! https://betterhomesbc.ca/rebate-search-tool/