The District of Central Saanich is launching a Residential Infill and Densification Project about future growth management. We are inviting residents and business owners to learn about housing issues and trends, District housing policies and zoning regulations, and the results of past studies. The goal of the study is to develop policies, guidelines and regulations that will foster desirable neighbourhood growth and densification of village centres in a manner that is sensitive to the character of Central Saanich. We want to hear from you!
Here is how you can get involved:
1. Attend an open house
Join Central Saanich staff to offer your feedback and learn more about the project. Your input will be reviewed by staff and used to inform policies. Two identical sessions are being offered on separate days.
- View infill housing building types that can create additional density in established neighbourhoods, and comment on your preferred infill forms.
- See and play with miniatures representations of building types on standard Central Saanich lots.
- Share your thoughts on residential densification and infill and take our survey
- Learn about the project, types of infill (and the benefits and challenges associated with them), our objectives and the results of past studies.
- Bring the kids! There will be activities for children.
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Municipal Hall, 1903 Mt Newton Cross Road, Saanichton
Saturday, June 16, 2018
Noon until 4:00 p.m.
Cultural Centre, 1209 Clarke Road, Brentwood Bay (the library building)
2. Watch for a posters to leave your thoughts on
Posters will be set up at Municipal Hall and the Central Saanich library from mid-May to mid-June, and the community will be able to leave ideas and feedback on them.
3. Take a survey
Stay tuned for information on a survey that will be available online and in paper copy and at the open houses.