To plan for the future of Central Saanich together, we need to hear your perspective. We want to involve you as we discuss some interesting issues, involve people from across the District, and consider many different viewpoints.
The Community Conversation Workbook will help you participate in these important conversations in a comfortable setting that suits your schedule.
The thoughts and ideas you and your group share with us will help us learn more about the community’s needs and aspirations and guide the Official Community Plan review.
- Gather together around the dinner table with your household; meet outside with your bubble or hop on a video call with your family, friends, co-workers, classmates, and neighbours; or complete the Workbook on your own.
- Feel like just providing higher-level input at this stage? Complete the Our Community Map and Our Future activities on pages 5 and 6.
- Feel like diving into a couple of the key topics? Complete any of the topic-based activities starting on page 7. If you’d like to do it all, please do!
- Please complete your Workbook by April 12, 2021.
- Hosting? Check out the Host Guide for tips.
This Workbook will help you and those gathered with you discuss the topics we are currently exploring (other topics will also be explored during the OCP review):
- Agriculture and food security
- Growth management, housing and affordability
- Jobs and economic development
- Parks, recreation and open space
- Environmental protection and climate action
- Transportation and mobility
Learn more about the OCP review at letstalkcentralsaanich.ca/ocp