Tennis courts at Centennial and Saanichton Green (behind Thrifty Foods) are now open and available on a first-come, first serve basis. Users are asked to limited their play to 30-45 minutes when others are waiting or reserve a court through our new Park Facility Booking process.
GUIDELINES FOR PLAY
- Keep at least two metres (six feet) away from people from other households
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently , use your own hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Limit use at busy times, don't create a crowd,
- Don't share equipment, water bottles, snacks
- Stay home if feeling unwell with no exceptions
HAVE FUN AND PLAY SAFE
Sports fields have already been reopened to those who are following provincial health orders and using practicing physical distancing. Residents and visitors are reminded dogs are not allowed at any time on the sports fields.
It is important to understand that play and picnic structures cannot be effectively cleaned after every use. Families are encouraged to enjoy these areas in safe ways that protect public health.
- Stay home if you are sick. Do not use if you have any symptoms including runny nose
- Children should wash their hands before and after using the playground
- Playground equipment is not sanitized. Come prepared, bring your own hand sanitizer
- Physical distance(6ft/2m) between parents and guardians should be maintained
- Please wait your turn when the playground to avoid overcrowding
Central Saanich has increased bylaw presence in parks and the community to remind residents provincial health orders and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Central Saanich bylaw officers can be reached through the Fire Department at 250-544-4244.
For more information
The District is continuously monitoring information about COVID-19 coming from public health authorities, and makes decisions about services and facilities with the health and safety of its residents in mind. Visit our COVID info page to stay up-to-date on services and resources
Electrical outlet (key required).
Shelter #1 and #3
A 635sq ft indoor space ideal for social events, workshops, presentation and training. Showers are available at the Fieldhouse for $45/day
|Youth & Non-profit||No charge|
Ball Diamonds, Playfield/Soccer Field
|Adult||$15/hr, $75/day or $200/season|
|Commercial/Corporate||$20/hr, $100/day or $200/season|
There are three tennis courts at Centennial Park. Court #1 at has been line-marked for both tennis and pickleball. Court #2 & #3 are available for tennis only. There is also one tennis court at Saanichton Green. Individuals may play without reserving, but must vacate courts to those with a valid reservation permit. Casual users are requested to limit their play to 45 minutes when others are waiting.
|Youth & Non-profit||no charge|
|Coin operated lights||$4/hr|
Brentwood Performance Stage
The Brentwood Bay Performance Stage, located in Pioneer Park is now available for public events.
Other park areas are available with approval from Community Services.
|Youth or non-profit||no charge|
|Adult||$15/hr or $120/day|
|Commercial/Corporate||$20/hr or $160/day|