The District of Central Saanich’s Community Partnerships Program helps guide community groups and volunteers wishing to improve or develop community facilities, lands/parks or amenities—this includes existing agreements when the nature of the improvement or addition is new in scope.
The Community Partnership Policy provides Council with the opportunity to conduct a coordinated review of requests prior to annual strategic planning and budgeting.
This policy allows Council the opportunity to comprehensively review projects to identify:
- if or how the District can partner on or support community projects,
- required resources (in kind or otherwise)
- whether there is a plan for short- and long-term funding for the project
- probable timelines as well as procedural or legislative requirements
- demonstrated sustainability of the projects
- if the project is consistent with council and community priorities
If your organization is interested in submitting a Community Partnership Proposal, please contact email@example.com for further information and the application process.