Grants in Aid Program & Tax Exemptions
Grant in Aid Program
The Grant in Aid Program provides modest seed funding of up to $1,000 for new initiatives or special projects each year.
- Applications are due by December 31 or each year (Council usually considers them the following January Grant awards are for the following year and usually paid in June).
- Please download and submit the application form (see Documents).
- Please read our Grant Policy (see Documents) for more information.
Permissive Tax Exemptions
Exemptions are applied to the taxes of the following year and are subject to the availability of sufficient funding within the District’s Annual Operating Budget, according to Council Policy and at the discretion of Council. Exemptions are generally intended for “not for profit” organizations which provide a direct benefit to the community. Please refer to Permissive Exemptions Policy FIN-2021-11 which outlines the criteria used to consider approving exemptions. Under regular circumstances, exemptions are normally granted for a two year period with a full application at the beginning and a simplified renewal application required for the second year. Although Council has the ability through the Community Charter to allow tax exemptions, there is no obligation to provide tax exemption.
- Send an application or renewal form (see Documents) and a letter of introduction by July 31 to: Director of Financial Services, District of Central Saanich, 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road Saanichton, BC V8M 2A9
- Further information may be obtained from the Finance Department by calling 250-544-4206 or emailing email@example.com.