Pets & Wildlife

Dog Licences

We issue permanent dog tags. These still require annual renewal (to keep our information current and comply with the bylaw), and we will mail you a renewal notice by December each year. Replacement tags are $5.

Do you need a dog licence or tag? 

Submit Application

Please call us at 250-544-4206 or email if you have any questions.

To pay

Pay online

Just log in and click on your dog account or register a new one.  If you have a balance outstanding, there will be a 'Pay Now' button.

Spayed/NeuteredUnspayed/ Unneutered
Regular Fee - $30Regular Fee - $45
Late Fee (after March 1) - $40Late Fee (after March 1) - $55

Stray Animals

Is the animal wearing a licence?Is the animal unlicenced?

If the animal has a licence, please call us at 250-652-4444 so we can identify its owner. 

Call the Capital Regional District (CRD) Animal Control at 250-478-0624.
If it is after hours, please call the Capital Regional District (CRD) Animal Control at 250-478-0624. 

Public Safety Concerns

The CRD provides animal control services to our municipality. You can reach CRD Animal Control regarding domestic animal issues at 250-478-0624. After hours, they can be reached at 1-800-807-4077 for incidents involving a true and immediate public safety concern.

Wild Animals

When you are in natural areas, be aware of your surroundings. Keep children nearby and pets on leash. And please do not litter or leave food or other materials that may attract wildlife to the area.

Injured Wildlife 

  • The SPCA are the contact for seriously injured wildlife. Call the SPCA at 250-388-7722 to report concerns.

  • Any problems involving marine mammals can be directed to The Department of Fisheries and Oceans at 250-363-3252.

 Reporting dangerous animals

  • For all non-emergency calls regarding cougar and bear sightings, please report to Central Saanich Police at 250.652.4441. In an emergency dial 9-1-1.

  • If needed for wildlife problems, please call the BC Conservation Officer at 1-800-663-9453.