A new park feature under is under development this summer.
The pond will support a healthy and natural environment in the park and in Tetayut Creek.
The project will:
- Expand the Peninsula Stream Society environmental improvements on the upper ponds.
- Hold water during the winter to create an ecologically rich wetland.
- Provide a habitat for the endangered Western Painted Turtle (the only native pond turtle left in BC) and other native species.
- Re-introduce many native plans, which will help filter water in Tetayup Creek by removing contaminants.
- Improve water quality in Tetayut Creek, which supports salmon and trout.
PAINTED TURTLE COLOURING CONTEST
Show us your artwork - original drawings are also eligible!
Email your work, along with your name, age and contact information, to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in the Drop Box at the entrance of Municipal Hall in Saanichton to be entered to win fun prizes. Contest is open until September 2020.