Panorama Recreation Centre, located at 1885 Forest Park Drive in North Saanich, provides a wide variety of recreational opportunities, including:
- 25 metre salt purification swimming pool with six lanes, a multi -use leisure pool (includes features such as a zero-depth entry, a lazy river, a tots' area, two additional lanes, spray toys and benches with hot tub jets), sauna, steam room, swirl pool, additional multi-purpose rooms and an accessible waterslide tower with an elevator allowing people with mobility issues to share in the enjoyment of riding southern Vancouver Island's tallest and longest waterslide. (Min height to ride the waterslide is 42")
- two skating arenas, which are bare for four months in the summer, for ice and dry floor activities
- a weight room with cardio and strength equipment
- aerobics/fitness, fencing, yoga and several of other courses
- indoor and outdoor tennis courts
- racquetball and squash courts
- community recreation programs such as arts, music, dance, computers, cooking, language and sports.
Panorama also offers a variety of recreational and general interest programs at these locations:
- Greenglade Community Centre
- North Saanich Neighbourhood of Learning
- Central Saanich Cultural Centre
- Pictorial Tour of Facility
The Peninsula Recreation Commission is a partnership of the municipalities of Central Saanich, Sidney and North Saanich with the objective to provide recreation and leisure activities and facilities to the citizens of the participating municipalities regardless of age, gender, religion or economic status. The Commission's main facility and service location is Panorama Recreation Centre. Funding for the Commission's operations comes from user fees and requisitions from the three municipalities. Regular meetings of the Commission take place at the Panorama Recreation Centre and are open to the public. Agendas and Minutes are posted for each meeting.