Shape the Future of Your Community: Call for Official Community Plan Advisory Committee Volunteers
The District of Central Saanich will be undertaking a targeted review of its Official Community Plan (OCP) in 2020-2021. The OCP helps shape the future of Central Saanich and sets out policies that touch citizens’ lives in some way every day, such as how housing needs are met, where businesses and services are located, how parks are used, and how we protect the environment.
The review will consider our most current OCP’s policies within the context of today’s emerging issues and trends. Other recently completed plans will feed into this review, such as our infill/housing plan and climate action plan.
If you or your organization would like to play an important role in the review, we invite you to submit an application to volunteer for the OCP Advisory Committee for a maximum term of two years. The District is seeking 5-11 members for this committee to represent various stakeholders, interest groups and the community at large in any of the following areas:
- Environmental (sustainability, climate action, ecosystems)
- Economic (commercial, industrial, other)
- Social & Cultural Interest (heritage, arts & culture, youth & families)
- Community Services (volunteer associations, church groups, service providers)
- Land Use & Development (real estate, planning and design, parks)
- Agriculture and Rural Charter (farming, food security, rural values)
- Transportation (public transit, trails, road network)
- Regional Interest (Emergency preparedness, major infrastructure, regional services)
- First Nations
- Housing (affordable, accessibility, special needs)
No experience working on committees is necessary. Membership selection will strive to reflect the diversity of the community with varying degrees of experience, knowledge, and expertise in any of the subject areas addressed in an OCP.
To view the Terms of Reference for this committee and for more information about the project, including the project charter, visit LetsTalkCentralSaanich.ca/OCP.
If safe to do so, in person meetings will be arranged with stringent COVID-19 safety measures in place; technological alternatives may also be used.
Applications can be submitted to the Corporate Officer prior to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, October 5, 2020. Please drop off your application in the DropBox outside Municipal Hall, at 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.