General Enquiry & Report a Problem
After hours emergencies (from 4:30 pm to 8:30 am) phone: 250-544-4224
After hours emergencies between 4:30 p.m. and 8:30 a.m., call 250-544-4224; please do not rely on this email form after hours.
The Public Works yard is located at 1703 Keating Cross Road, Saanichton, B.C. V8M 1W9 Fax: 250-652-9647
Public Works are responsible for all municipal infrastructure, which includes:
- transportation systems: roads, bridges, traffic signals, streetlights, street signs, sidewalks, bus shelters, and roadside litter control;
- drainage systems: storm drainage infrastructure including 32 kilometers of creeks, 73 kilometres of storm sewers, and 120 kilometres of drainage ditches;
- parks: 37 parks, trails, playgrounds, and naturalized green spaces;
- sanitary sewer collection systems: sewer main repair and replacement; sewer lift station maintenance; and
- water supply systems: water main and service repair and replacement, hydrant exercising, valve and meter maintenance, water sample testing, and the maintenance of pressure regulating stations.