Celebrate Earth Hour this Saturday at 8:30 pm by turning off your lights & non-essential electronics for 60+ minutes.
What can you do?
- Turn off lights and unplug non-essential appliances and electronics – including those at workplaces (on Friday!), home offices, and home school set-ups
- Join a virtual event: www.earthhour.org
Keep it going with quick, cost-friendly energy efficiency measures:
- Replace several lightbulbs in your home with energy-efficient LEDs
- Add weather-stripping to your doors to reduce draft
- Heat the person, not the home – lower heat by a degree or two and put on a cozy sweater, adjust settings to lower heat overnight when you’re bundled in bed, turn down heat on warmer days.
Take larger actions to retrofit your home to be more energy and cost efficient and climate friendly
- Use the Clean BC Better Homes’ Rebate Tool to easily see available rebates! https://betterhomesbc.ca/rebate-search-tool/
- If you are a homeowner in the District currently using heating oil and would like to take part in the financing program, please let us know by contacting us at support@CSHeatPumpFinancing.ca or 250.652.4444.
For information please visit our Oil-to-Heat Pump Program website at CSaanich.ca/OiltoHeatPump.
STAY TUNED for more information about an upcoming top-up program.... keep an eye on www.centralsaanich.ca/programs-services/climate-action