The climate is changing and addressing the changes is one of the most critical issues of our time. Our Climate Leadership Plan maps the way for our community to be more sustainable and reduce greenhouse gases.
What you can do
- Calculate your carbon footprint so you know what your impact is.
- Reduce your contribution of greenhouse gas emissions that accelerate climate change.
Adapt by preparing for climate impacts.Over the next fifty years, the region's projections show longer, drier summers, more rain and storms, and more extreme weather events. Preparing for expected climate impacts can increase your quality of life, protect your property, save money and build a more resilient community.
Some easy things you can do in your yard
- Plant a tree
- Increase permeable surfaces
- Collect rainwater
- Build a rain garden
- Natural gardening
A few retrofit ideas for your building
- Draft-proof your home
- Add more insulation in your attic
- Update to efficient lighting fixtures
For your health and your community
- Eat local fresh food
- Walk, bike or take transit
- Choose local destinations for vacations and take fewer flights.
For rebates and more, see our pages on Active and Electric Transportation and Home Rebates.