The District of Central Saanich will start reopening playgrounds throughout the community by following guidance from Island Health and the BC Parks and Recreation Association. After an extended closure, play equipment will be inspected and guidelines for use posted before playgrounds are safely re-opened.
It is important to understand that play and picnic structures cannot be effectively cleaned after every use. Families are encouraged to enjoy these areas in safe ways that protect public health.
- Stay home if you are sick. Do not use if you have any symptoms including runny nose
- Children should wash their hands before and after using the playground
- Playground equipment is not sanitized. Come prepared, bring your own hand sanitizer
- Physical distance(6ft/2m) between parents and guardians should be maintained
- Please wait your turn when the playground to avoid overcrowding
If you are concerned about too much activity at the facility, you can let our bylaw team know by calling 250.544.4244.
For updates: www.centralsaanich.ca/covid19