During heavy rainfall, you can help keep your family and community safe (and dry!).
Here's what you can do to help prevent flooding:
Do not block storm drains
- Locate the storm drain grate on your street and help us keep it clear.
- Please help keep sidewalks, gutters, drains, and storm drain grates clear of leaves to prevent storm drains from clogging and flooding.
- Do not rake leaves onto streets and do not push leaves into drains.
Report pooling water on your street
- If you see water pooling in your street during heavy rain, please call 250-544-4224 ext.3221 for assistance between 8-4:30 otherwise call the 250-544-4224 and follow the instructions for after-hours assistance.
Protect your home
- Sand Bag materials are made available in front of the Public Works Yard located at 1703 Keating X Rd. (For residents of Central Saanich) -- How to make a sandbag.
- Clear your gutters, drains and catch basins.
- Please use extra caution on the roads.
- We currently are experiencing water across the road in the following locations:
- 8200-8400 Block of Wallace Dr.
- 6200-6300 Block Welch Rd. between Dooley and Campion Rd
- 7500-7600 Block of Central Saanich Rd
- Willow Way off Keating is closed to traffic