Central Saanich Elections
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/local-governments/governance-powers/general-local-electionsLocal elections are held every four years on the third Saturday in October.
Eligible voters are asked to elect:
- Mayor (one)
- Councillors (six positions)
- School Board Trustees for Saanich School District 63 (two positions)
The next General Voting Day in Central Saanich is Saturday, October 20, 2018.
|General Voting Day: Saturday, October 20, 2018||Time: 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.|
Residents may choose to vote at:
Advance Voting Opportunities:
- Wednesday, October 10, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., Municipal Hall
- Saturday, October 13, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m, Municipal Hall
- Wednesday, October 17, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., Municipal Hall
As at past Elections, Special Voting Opportunities will be held at the Legion Manor and Saanich Peninsula Hospital.
Interested in Running for Office?
- Learn more about what is involved.
- Check to see if you are eligible in Who may run for office? (see Documents, above).
- Submit a nomination package (packages will be available here and at the Municipal Hall in late spring/early summer. Please check back).
- Ensure you are familiar with legislation, including campaign financing disclosure requirements. (Local Government Elections are administered under the Local Government Act (LGA) and the new Local Elections Campaign Financing Act (LECFA). Information and resource material for School Board Trustee candidates is available at the Government of BC website under Ministry of Education.)
Review the candidate, elector organization and third party campaign financing guides on Elections BC website.
- Additional information: Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
|Monday, January 1 - Friday, September 21, 2018||Election period|
|Friday, July 27, 2018||Candidate packages available|
|Tuesday, September 4 - Friday, September 14, 2018||Nomination period (when candidate packages can be submitted)|
|Saturday, September 22 - Saturday, October 20, 2018||Campaign period|
|Wednesday, October 10||Advance Voting Opportunity|
|Saturday, October 13||Advance Voting Opportunity|
|Wednesday, October 17||Advance Voting Opportunity|
|Saturday, October 20, 2018||General Voting Day|
|Friday, January 18, 2019||Campaign financing disclosure statement filing deadline|
|Tuesday, February 19, 2019 (4:30 p.m.)||Campaign financing disclosure statement late filing deadline with $500 late filing fee|
For more information, please contact Liz Cornwell, Corporate Officer, 250-652-4444