Central Saanich Elections
Local elections are held every four years on the third Saturday in October.
Eligible voters are asked to elect:
- Mayor (one)
- Councillors (six positions)
- School Board Trustees for Saanich School District 63 (two positions)
The next General Voting Day in Central Saanich is Saturday, October 20, 2018
Interested in Running for Office?
- Check to see if you are eligible in Who may run for office? (see Documents, above)
- Nomination packages will be available online or for pick up at the Municipal Hall, Friday July 27, 2018.
- Local Government Elections are administered under the Local Government Act (LGA) and the new Local Elections Campaign Financing Act (LECFA). Candidates should ensure they are familiar with legislation, including campaign financing disclosure requirements.
- Information and resource material for School Board Trustee candidates is available at the Government of BC website under Ministry of Education.
- Additional information and resource materials for local government elections are available at the Government of BC, Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development website.
|Monday, January 1 - Friday, September 21, 2018||Election period|
|Friday, July 27, 2018||Candidate packages available|
|Tuesday, September 4 - Friday, September 14, 2018||Nomination period|
|Saturday, September 22 - Saturday, October 20, 2018||Campaign period|
|Saturday, October 20, 2018||General Voting Day|
|Friday, January 18, 2019||Campaign financing disclosure statement filing deadline|
|Monday, February 18, 2019||Campaign financing disclosure statement late filing deadline with $500 late filing fee|
For more information, please contact Liz Cornwell, Corporate Officer, 250-652-4444