Central Saanich Elections
Local elections are held every four years on the third Saturday in October.
Eligible voters are asked to elect:
- Mayor (one)
- Councillors (six positions)
- School Board Trustees for Saanich School District 63 (two positions)
The next General Voting Day in Central Saanich is Saturday, October 20, 2018
Interested in Running for Office?
- Learn more about what is involved.
- Check to see if you are eligible in Who may run for office? (see Documents, above).
- Submit a nomination package (packages will be available here and at the Municipal Hall in late spring/early summer. Please check back).
- Ensure you are familiar with legislation, including campaign financing disclosure requirements. (Local Government Elections are administered under the Local Government Act (LGA) and the new Local Elections Campaign Financing Act (LECFA). Information and resource material for School Board Trustee candidates is available at the Government of BC website under Ministry of Education.)
Review the candidate, elector organization and third party campaign financing guides on Elections BC website.
- Additional information: Government of BC, Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development.
|Monday, January 1 - Friday, September 21, 2018||Election period|
|Friday, July 27, 2018||Candidate packages available|
|Tuesday, September 4 - Friday, September 14, 2018||Nomination period|
|Saturday, September 22 - Saturday, October 20, 2018||Campaign period|
|Saturday, October 20, 2018||General Voting Day|
|Friday, January 18, 2019||Campaign financing disclosure statement filing deadline|
|Tuesday, February 19, 2019 (4:30 p.m.)||Campaign financing disclosure statement late filing deadline with $500 late filing fee|
For more information, please contact Liz Cornwell, Corporate Officer, 250-652-4444