You may be eligible for 0% interest financing to replace your fossil fuel air space heating system with an electric heat pump.
Looking to improve home comfort? Our program enables Central Saanich homeowners to fund up to $12,000 of the cost of getting off fossil fuel heating through an interest-free loan repaid on property tax bills over 10 years. Plus, you can take advantage of other rebates available right now.
Converting from your home that is primarily heated by oil, propane or a natural gas furnace or boiler to an electric heat pump helps our community reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and introduces cooling power in the face of longer, hotter summers!
Interested? Check if you are eligible and sign up today! Limited spaces are available for this pilot program.
The property must be within the municipal boundaries of the District of Central Saanich.
Property must be an eligible home type and must be primarily heated by an oil, propane or natural gas furnace or boiler. Replacement of broken heating equipment is not eligible for this program.
Your property tax status must be in good standing.
You must apply to the program and sign a financing agreement before starting any work.
Homeowners must complete a pre-upgrade EnerGuide evaluation.
Quotes must be from contractors on the program’s Pre-approved Contractors List (see Related Documents).
Understand the Program. Carefully read the Program's Terms and Conditions.
- Please note that all installations under this pilot program must be completed before the end of October 2024.
- A few spaces are still available.
Combine the District’s financing with the rebates currently available to reduce the cost of your heat pump:
- $350 Central Saanich (municipal) top-up rebate
- up to $6,500 from the CleanBC Better Homes program
- up to $9,500 (plus up to $3,500 for electrical service upgrades) from the CleanBC Income Qualified Program
- up to $5,000 from the Canada Greener Homes Heat Pump Grant. - Please note: this program has closed the intake of new applicants at this time.
- Free educational workshops are being hosted by the municipality for those wanting to learn more about heat pumps.
- Check out the BetterHomesBC rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrade rebates.
- Interested in learning more about heat pumps? See the CleanBC’s info on heating systems.
For more information
Read the Frequently Asked Questions sheet (see Related Documents) or contact the program administrator at email@example.com or 250.652.4444 ext. 2224.